Thursday, June 16, 2011

~ Cake Craze ~ Anthony's Thomas The Train 4th Birthday Cake



My friend Laura asked me to make a cake for her son Anthony's 4th Birthday Party.  Anthony is a big fan of Thomas the Train. I used the towering tiers cake stand from Wilton.  I really like this stand because you can either use it for both cakes or cupcakes or a combination of both.

I made orange cupcakes with Dulce de Leche filling {or Arequipe how is called in my country, which is a Caramel-like milk spread that is so yummy!} and buttercream icing. I made the cupcake toppers with Thomas the Train confetti cut-outs.

As for the cake it was the same recipe but I added a touch of Whisky and covered in fondant, it was served to adults only - because of the whisky of course:)

 

I will be posting the orange-caramel cake recipe soon! Thanks Laura for trusting me to make the cake for cutie Anthony.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making this amazing "Thomas and Friends" cake for Anthony. He and his friends loved it! It was delicious too.
    You did a great job Milenna!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...